The Belarusian capital fascinates and attracts its inexpressible color. Arriving here, you will definitely enjoy all the excursions, because they do not leave anyone indifferent.
The miraculous monument of Minsk is the Holy Spirit Cathedral. It was built in 1642, and in those years served as the Catholic monastery Bernardine. Centuries later, the cathedral was destroyed by the strongest fire. Actually, this became the reason for further reconstruction of the monastery.
Until 1922 this cathedral was a male monastery. Today it is the Cathedral of Minsk. The iconostasis of the cathedral contains some great icons. Particular attention is attracted by the miraculous icon of the Mother of God, which was found in Minsk in the very beginning of the 16th century.
Not less popular religious monument of Minsk became the church of Saints Simeon and Elena. Locals often call it "Red Church". The church was built in 1908-1910, and since then has become interesting for tourists.
Significant contribution to the construction brought peace judge Eduard Voynilovich, and therefore the church was named in memory of those who died in childhood patron saints. Since then, the church has become a symbol of an unflattering parental death for deceased children. In the years of Soviet power there was a cinema equipped, then - a film studio. Only in 1990 the church received the former status.
In 1600, the Minsk Town Hall was built, which is an administrative building in the very center of Minsk. Until the end of 1795 in the city hall there was a regular meeting of the local self-government body. Then, in 1857, the Town Hall was demolished, and only in 2002 the specialists managed to restore it.
The great Catholic cathedral, made in the style of the Baroque of Wieliczki, is the Archdical Cathedral of the Holy Name of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is the main Catholic temple of the Belarusian capital. For all years of existence, the cathedral was closed several times. In the early 2000s, the building was returned to its original appearance.
The Trinity suburb was named after the church of the Holy Trinity, which was located on this place. First there appeared a monastery with a wooden church, and then the church was replaced by a stone. Later around the Trinity suburbs began to build fortress structures.
After years, all the suburbs were built up with wooden houses, in which representatives of the middle class lived. Currently Trinity suburbs are the corner of ancient architecture. This place is traditionally loved by both locals and guests of the capital.
An interesting monument is the monument to all Belarusians who died outside the country. It is called the Island of tears. The grand opening of the monument took place on August 3, 1996. The four altar, located inside the monument, contain the names of the Afghans who died during the terrible war. One of the main elements of the memorial complex is the figure of the guardian angel, who mourns all the murdered and regrets that he was unable to protect them.
In 1974, Minsk was awarded the honorary title of "Hero City", and in honor of this event an architectural-sculptural complex "City-hero" was opened in the city, the height of the obelisk, which reached 45 meters. The bronze sculpture of the woman, symbolizing the motherland, marries the obelisk.
In the fifties of the last century on the right bank of the Svisloch River, Yanka Kupala Park was built, which is a prominent city monument. On the territory of the park is located the original fountain "Wreath", where tourists and locals often walk.